Monday, September 5, 2016

The Writer Essentials Bag (For Android Users)


I happened across this article from Lifehacker a little while back. It got me thinking; I enjoy Apple products but they're far outside of my price range. I glimpsed a thousand dollar iPad in Staples the other day. I balked so loud that the store associate asked if I was okay.

This is my writing setup. It's affordable and lets me get the job done.


  • KAKA Laptop Backpack
  • HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC
  • LG V10 Phone
  • LG G Pad X 10.1

1). KAKA Laptop Backpack ($31, Amazon)



This sturdy, rugged backpack can handle anything I throw at it, Multiple inside pockets and two exterior side pouches hold all of my electronics, chargers, whatever I've packed for lunch, and even my gym clothes if I want to sneak in a workout on the day job.

2). HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC ($478 Recertified, Walmart)



Perhaps the best, cheap little laptop I've ever owned. I've since invested a further sixty dollars to upgrade the memory to sixteen gigs, and there's been a drastic increase in performance since then. The laptop is a few years old and not only supports all of my writing effort, but long WoW marathons, too. Despite its age I have no plan to upgrade anytime soon.

3). LG V10 Phone ($694, AT&T)



Phones like this exist to remind you that there is a world of quality smartphones not named Samsung. A wide screen and expandable storage make this the perfect, on-the-go writing tool. The second screen at the top make accessing your favorite apps easy.

NOTE: I like this phone, but I plan to upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 as soon as they solve that pesky little exploding issue.

4). LG G Pad X 10.1 ($309, Amazon)



When you don't want to use the phone but don't feel like pulling out the laptop, there's this tablet. This handy little case makes it perfect for writing at a slant or watching netflix for when you know, you're "doing research".

This entire setup, complete with apps like Kindle, Google Keep, and Jotterpad, will run you about $1,500, or substantially less up front of you get plan from AT&T.

This is how I work.

Thanks for reading.


Avery K. Tingle is the author of scifi/romance the Anniversary. Titles are available on Nook and Kobo too. If you’re new to Kobo, you can get both stories for free!
Sign up for the Hidden Level newsletter and get weekly updates, writing advice, and a free short story.


0 comments: