Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

The End...?


This past week, a friend of mine lost her mother-in-law and a close friend within eight hours of each other. It got me thinking.

One thing she said that stuck; with me, once you're in, you're in. Blood isn't always thicker than water.

We can argue over life's meaning until we're blue in the face, but the one inescapable fact is that it will end. There will come a day when we aren't here, and for most of us, that's the most terrifying prospect in the world.

For the most part, I've accepted the fact that I'll die one day. But fear of a premature end has affected my patience. I fear that I'll never accomplish everything I want too before the end comes, that there will always be that one more thing I didn't get to do. It's caused me to rush my work and put quantity over quality.

Well, time to put that nonsense to bed.

There are three points I'd like to leave you with.

1). Don't fear mortality. Embrace it. Having an expiration date is what makes the whole experience worth it. And fun.

2). We don't often meet people who will bring more positive than negative to our lives. The ones who are, cherish them, and make sure they know you care.  I remember an old friend who put on his hat as he walked out of the house to go run errands. We never saw him alive again.

3). I am rescinding all publication deadlines on Agoura Hills, Breach, and Era of the Scourge: Reclamation [Second Edition]. I will publish Agoura Hills and Breach in that order, but I'm not going to give dates anymore. I am more concerned with telling phenomenal stories than my search engine ranking at this point.

One will follow the other.

I'll continue to post updates regularly

I'm going to quit rushing and enjoy the ride.

Thanks for reading. 

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

About Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :