Sunday, March 20, 2016

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

To Become A Better Blogger

I've been blogging for about three years now. I've had minimal success, but not the groundswell I was hoping for. No, this is not me quitting. This is me changing tactics.

Traditionally, my blogging process involves something I thought of or saw on the fly, writing it, and then publishing it. I've whittled the time to about two hours total, but that's not enough. Not when you're trying to grow a brand and people are taking your opinions seriously.

CLICK TO TWEET: Something Not Working? Change Tactics.

The fact is, instinct will only take you so far. True success is planning, execution, and improvisation when things go south. I admit I'm best at that last part, but not so much the first two.

It was Joanna Penn's interview with Matt Herron that made me realize how little I knew about this aspect of the business, and how fortunate I've been to achieve this level of success.

So I'm going to take a step back from blogging for a little while. Partially because I just published a book, because I'm developing a game based on said book, and my mind could use the break.

I'm also going to follow the advice in this post and try to write six months worth of posts so when I return to blogging, I'll be aiming right at my target audience.

So the Road Home is on unofficial hiatus until June 6th, 2016. After that, posts will resume weekly. You may still see an on-the-fly post when I review a movie or drop a short story, but otherwise, I'm going to fade into the background, learn, write, and build.

CLICK TO TWEET: Success In The Execution.

In the meantime, I'll still promote others. I'm also going to find some new blogs to read, new people to learn from, and I'll keep the newsletter going since there's a lot going on behind the scenes.

Thanks for reading. See you around.

I’m an author living out of place wherever I am, and right now that’s Eastern Washington. I’m an avid gamer, storyteller, and dedicated troublemaker. 

Want notifications and discounts? Sign up here.

Pick up “Reclamation”, my debut novel and the first book in the “Era of the Scourge” series. Soul Calibur meets Castlevania meets Chronicles of Narnia in this new, dark epic fantasy. Available from Amazon, Kobo, Nook, and iTunes.

Pick up the free short “Prophecy” and learn about the world of Era of the Scourge before diving into Reclamation.


Also available; “The Price of Justice” (free), “The Anniversary” (scifi/romance), “Era of the Scourge Visions: The Ring of Asarra” (Dark Epic Fantasy)

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

About Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :