Friday, February 5, 2016

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

Indie Authors: Treat Your Subscribers Right


Image Courtesy of Life of Pix. I love the water...


I subscribe to the regular updates of a good many authors. There's always something new to be learned and I enjoy closing my night with my tablet, hot chai (don't judge me) and stocking the next day's to-do list with tasks inspired by the previous' nights education.

I was going through reddit (DON'T JUDGE ME) last night when I happened across an article written by one of the authors I follow.

I have to admit I was a little taken aback. This is someone who's opinion I value, and I look forward to their updates. I enjoyed getting the updates in my feedly before seeing them online. Call it an ego trip, but it made me feel like I was ahead of the crowd.

Just to ensure I wasn't tripping, I went through my RSS feeds and inbox. I had no new email from this person.

This author is far more established than I am, and runs their business as they see fit using a model that works for them. Me, and a lot of us? We're still new. Our email subscriber lists are gold, and don't think anything different. If you don't have a list, you need to get one, and I'll eventually teach how to do that once I get the hang of it myself.

Your email list allows you to communicate directly with those most interested in your work, and the most invested in your success. They don't have to be there and they can unsubscribe any time they like. Never take for granted that they choose to remain.

After reading that article I wrote my subscribers and promised them that they would never read any of my content online before they saw it first. It's the least I can do for their support.

Your ability to succeed as an indie doesn't just depend on your skill as a writer. It's almost more important to keep your readers engaged, and continue to draw in new ones. So as you develop a subscriber list, treat them like gold, and in return, they'll do a lot of your marketing for you. But neglect them, ignore them?

Well, in that case, don't quit your day job.

Thanks for reading.

Era of the Scourge: Reclamation is a dark epic fantasy in the Universal Warrior series that harkens back to a time when our world was under the tyrannical rule of the forerunners to the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. In "Reclamation", join a betrayed herald and a naive Angel as the two journey to retake what was stolen. Their actions will reignite a war that will decide the fate of our world.

Action/fantasy in the same vein as the Chronicles of Narnia.

Era of the Scourge: Reclamation drops for all e-readers on February 28, 2016 for $2.99.
Pre-order now for Kindle, Nook, Kobo, and iTunes!

Sign up for the Feral Inception newsletter for writing and self-publishing tips, inspirational stories, discounts and free stuff! Sign up now and get a free copy of Era of the Scourge: Reclamation and a chance to win a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8!

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

About Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :