Monday, June 15, 2015

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

Wanderlusting: A New Blog Series




"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." --Mark Twain

The man was onto something.
Some of my happiest moments in my younger days involve the tug of a backpack over my shoulder and no idea where I was headed. I would know when I arrived.

I put my poor mother through hell, running away from home dozens of times. Initially, the running was from fear out of what I would face at home. As I developed a taste for it, I realized there was great adventure in discovery. Seeing something I'd never seen before. Experiencing ideas that were foreign.

Having my assumptions destroyed.

I was clocked at twenty-two states in eleven years. I have been EVERYWHERE across this great nation and experienced more in my years of homelessness than some do in a lifetime. I touched the ashes of Ground Zero. I was welcomed into, and prayed in, a mosque despite not being of that faith in New York. I will only eat clam chowder in this little town on the coast of Maine. The best steak I ever had came from a dirty skillet in Montana. I ran for my life in North Dakota. Raised absolute
hell in Michigan. Met some of the best people I've ever met in Missouri.

Currently residing in Washington.

For now. Only this time, if I hit the road, I won't be going alone.

I'm older now, with a family and access to a car, but the wanderlust has not subsided. I still love seeing new places and blessedly, I'm spending my life with someone who shares the passion and introducing my son to this big, beautiful world of ours.

I'd like to invite you to follow me on these travels. I'm new to Eastern Washington and exploring this vast, mountainous region I now call home. As I discover someplace new, I'll photograph it, write about the experience and share it here. This series won't have any regular schedule. As I find someplace new, I'll post updates.

Hope you enjoy the journey with me.

Thanks for reading.

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

About Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :