Thursday, June 18, 2015

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

Can We Please Take A Moment?




Hello.
I'd like to take just a moment of your time, please. I know you've had a busy day. This won't take long.

I'd like to bring your attention to the nine people who were shot and killed in the Emanuel African Methodist Church Wednesday night.

I do not want to talk about race, racism or the divide that exists in this country.

I do not want to talk about the perpetrator.

I do not want to talk about the media's portrayal of this event.

There will be plenty of time for all of these discussions later.


I'd like to focus, just for a moment, on nine people who had gathered to preach and hear the word of God who senselessly lost their lives. I would like to focus on the family members who're left to pick up the pieces, the ones who must be suffering greatly even as this plays out on TV.

I would like to take just a quick moment and offer a prayer, positive thought, or whatever you may be comfortable with for the souls of those lost and their families.

Tywanza Sanders.

Ethel Lee Lance.

Susie Jackson.

Cynthia Hurd.

Myra Thompson.

Daniel Simmons Sr.

Depayne Middleton Doctor.

Clementa Pickney.

Sharonda Coleman-Singleton.

Once again; this moment is not about race, perpetration, or any of that. Right here, right now, I'm simply asking you to take one moment and send a prayer/positive thought/good vibe up for the families who're picking up the pieces in the aftermath of this violence.

Just one moment.

...


Thank you.

Have a good night.

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

About Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :