Creative Commons

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

No More Pop-Ups, Please


You remember the early days of the internet? When you could barely type in a URL before you were flooded with so many ads for unwanted crap that you were forced to hard-reset the computer?

Blessedly, for the most part, that spam is a thing of the past, thanks to a plethora of quality adblockers that can be found for most browsers.

However.

My fellow marketers, writers, creatives, and other ambitious people, I humbly put before you a request.

Like a lot of people these days, I follow your wonderful websites via mobile device.

So imagine my pinch-and-zoom frustration when I'm perusing one of your articles only to get that annoying square, dead center of my screen, prompting me to sign up for your newsletter.

Now, don't get me wrong; I understand the need to get your name out there, but there are so many other ways to do it. Place an invite at the bottom, or top, of each post, for example.

The most recent offender, who shall remain nameless, wasn't even a prompt to sign up. It was a prompt to follow this individual on social media, which I already do.

So please, in the name of all that is holy, stop, stop, STAHP with the pop-ups. This is 2014, people, and with the surplus of options available to us, there's just no excuse for it anymore.

Thanks for reading.

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

About Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author -

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :