Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Moment

Image Courtesy of DC Comics, drawn by Jim Lee, taken from "Batman: Hush" Dear DC: Please don't sue me.


We've all been there. Sadly, we will all be there again.
The moments where things seem like they're just too much. Where it feels as though the universe has conspired against you. The moments where you feel you just cannot take one. More. Blow.

The betrayal/loss of a loved one.
The loss of a job.
The breakdown of a car.
The payment that never arrived

The moments that coalesce into what feels like an inescapable disaster, the moments that come together to form a waking nightmare that demands all of your attention to be resolved, or takes away from whatever else you might have had planned to be dealt with.

The moment that tests your resolve.
The moment that threatens to break you.

When faced with these moments, I have found we have two paths of action.

1). We can capitulate. We can bow down, back down, admit that we just can't deal with it, allow the world to collapse around us while we hide somewhere safe.

-OR-

2). We can get back up. We can stare that moment in its face and say "Fuck you. You will not break me. Not this day, not any day. I will rise to meet you. I will conquer you. I will become stronger for the experience so when you dare show your head again, I will beat you back again. And again. And as many times as I have too."

Image courtesy of DC Comics.


I choose the latter.
I hope you do too.

Have a great week, planet Earth.
Thanks for reading.

0 comments: