|Image Courtesy of Morguefile|
So a friend and I get to talking tonight and the conversation veers into our various (mis)adventures with the fairer gender. Throughout the conversation, the same word term is brought up on numerous occasions;
Now, we're not talking about the derogatory crazy some men use to refer to women who get angry with them when said men are caught doing something stupid. No, we're talking about a different, and in my opinion, very good kind of crazy. The kind of crazy creatives can't quite seem to stay away from.
It got me thinking. What exactly is crazy?
Here's what I came up with.
- Crazy is head perpetually in the clouds.
- Crazy is believing at any age that anything is possible.
- Crazy is unwavering faith in the face of unspeakable tragedy.
- Crazy is laughing at something you find funny while the rest of the world looks at you strangely.
- Crazy is never giving up on your dreams, no matter what.
So there. Five points on what exactly "crazy" is. It's beautiful to watch someone smile and laugh regardless of what the world thinks, and it's awesome to watch people forge ahead in pursuit of something only they can see, especially when the rest of the world appears to shun them for it. That takes a special kind of strength and courage, and that is fiercely attractive.
Thanks for reading.