Monday, March 4, 2013

Where The Wild Writers Are (On Google Plus)



Remember when Google Plus was a complete and total ghost town? Is it still a ghost town to you?
I'm beginning to believe that Google Plus may exceed the other social networks (especially Facebook) when it comes to interaction. There is no algorithm to suppress your links. What you post, everyone sees it. When you want to know what someone's about, simply circle them and see their posts right away.

The communities feature is what sets Google Plus apart from the other networks and ends that "Ghost Town" feeling. These are the top ones I recommend for writers.

1). FridayFlash
Find all things related to the Friday Flash community here including tips, how-to's, and of course, stories. Everyone here is cool, too.

2). Writer's Market, Tools, Tips, Showcase, and Support
The title says it all. This is an extremely supportive community, too. Everyone is very generous with their knowledge.

3). Authors, Publishers, and Entrepreneurs
Arguably one of the largest and most knowledgeable groups on the subject on Google Plus. Close to two thousand members.

As for actual writers, and I mean people you need to be circling right now? Here you go.

1). Rebecca "RJ" Blain
Easily one of Google Plus' most influential and frequent posters on Google Plus, Ms. Blain works as a tireless freelance writer and constant publisher of her own work. She turned  me onto moleskines (I'd had no idea what they were until I circled her) and is always putting out something helpful, be it her blog on writing or one of her serials. "Zero" is a lot of fun.

2). Rainy Kaye
Another consistent poster who frequently provides ideas and advice on writing and book promotion.

3). Lisa "LJ" Cohen
Always talking about her writing process, providing keen insight as to how it's done.

Of course, you can always circle me and check out my circles and see what I'm about. Shameless plug complete.

Thanks for reading. Happy circling!

1 comments:

Christina Carson said...

I can't say I know how to use Google+ very well, but it definitely has a different feel to it - as if you are actually connecting with people.