Creative Commons

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

Endure.

Photo Courtesy of Perils of the Endtime--Panting Hart.




My daughter was stillborn last night. She was only twenty-two weeks along. She'd never had a chance.

Her mother and I spent the entire day holding her, speaking to her, singing to her, doing things we never thought we'd ever be doing and, inevitably, saying goodbye.

This is a low unlike anything I've ever known. I feel like I got tossed back into the same pit I was in when I was a kid, and the light was only this tiny little pinprick that seemed miles and miles away.

Part of me is missing. It's somewhere west of my stomach. Something is gone and I don't think it's ever coming back. Its left this void that is slowly turning into a singularity. I leave it unchecked and like anger it'll consume me.

I don't know how I'll move forward from here.
I just know that I have too.

See, I know that, not because I've done it before, because I haven't. Not from this far. I know that because other people have. Other people mourned. And then other people endured.

This is a low point. Life is filled with them. There are highs to be enjoyed but they must be earned. You earn them by enduring the lows. By persevering through the darkness. By battling through the pain and misery and sickness so that you may be stronger on the other side.

I bear in mind, I always try to bear in mind, that no matter how low things get for me, someone else has it worse. No matter how dark it gets, someone would kill to have my problems. Because just as people were there for me in my time of darkness, I may be called upon to be there for someone else in theirs.

So I endure. I cry. I mourn. And then I ask God for strength and He always answers, so I rise.

I look up and see the pinprick of light and I do not focus on its size, only that it exists. And to reach it I will have to ENDURE.

So I will endure this darkness, and every subsequent darkness hereafter, and I will do my best to remember that each day is a gift, a blessing, and not all of them will be good, but not all of them will be bad, either.

I will hold the memory of my daughter in my heart till the end of my days and I will see her again one day. Until then I will endure. I will learn from this. If given the opportunity I will pass on that lesson to someone else. 

I will endure.

We all will endure.

Thank you for reading.


Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

About Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author -

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :

4 comments

Write comments
February 3, 2013 at 8:50 AM delete

I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your family.

Reply
avatar
Tesi
AUTHOR
February 3, 2013 at 9:08 AM delete

Beautiful, heartwrenching, true post. Thank you.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
February 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM delete

I know you dont know me but I know your friend, Tessi, smile. My heart aches for you both. I know it is very difficult, I lost a son two months ago. He was 22 years old and Iknow how u feel when u said that a part of u is missing. I felt the same way when I lost my son. I have learned few things in the process, in the old testament called Ecc(sp?) chapter three verse one. It showed me that GOd is in full control of everything and that includes death. Also, I got three christian books given to me by a wonderful woman at my church. It was written by a christian pschologist(I believe), the first book is for three weeks after a loved ones death, the second book is for after three months. It matches exactly what I am going through, It has Bible verses in there. It has helped me. The ache will never go away but it helps to remember God has a reason for everything and we might never understand that till we go to our eternal home someday. I pray that you both find strength and comfort from God in this.

Reply
avatar
brendablogger
AUTHOR
February 6, 2013 at 12:30 PM delete

I am so sorry. I know there are no words that can help, that are good enough. Your post was beautiful and moved me. Thinking of you in this difficult time.

Reply
avatar