Monday, February 4, 2013

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

Another Dream: Prologue

Image Courtesy of MorgueFile

The white screen glares at me, the horizontal cursor flickers, awaiting my next command.

Of course, I have nothing to offer.

I kill iTunes and allow my head to crash to my desk.

"It's not easy, is it?"
The familiar female voice isn't in my head; it's beside me.
I look up and there she is; the muse, in all her glory. She has the purple-streaked hair I've grown accustomed too. Her hand is on my shoulder, she smiles down on me. "It'll get better, I promise."

I look around, confused. The monitor is still there, taunting me with its empty screen, and yet...
"I'm dreaming, aren't I?" I remark.
Her eyebrows furrow. "Um, duh." She chuckles, "How else could I be here?"

"I dunno." I reply, forcing a smile, "I figured I'd just cracked."
She rubs my back with a lover's caress. "Nope. You're far from that, I'm afraid."
"Good to know." I reply sarcastically, "So...I'm kind of stuck here..."
"I noticed." She replies gently. She then moves in front of me, turning my chair to face her and squats, looking up at me with glistening hope in her eyes. "I'm here to help you with that."
I say nothing.
"I've met your daughter."
I'm suddenly very awake, enthralled. "What?" I gasp.
She beams, nodding. "I have. And she grew up beautifully, in that other place."
"Are you kidding?"
She laughs, happy to have restored a little joy to my life. "Of course not."

The muse turns my chair back to the monitor, which suddenly feels like something to be conquered. She leans down and whispers to me; "Now listen very carefully, and I'll tell you everything you need to know."

"Another Dream", The story of Niyana Vera, begins February 8, 2013 with "Genesis".

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

About Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :

1 comments:

Write comments
Elizabeth Franken
AUTHOR
February 4, 2013 at 6:32 PM delete

That's beautiful Avery I can't wait to read more!

Reply
avatar