Friday, January 18, 2013

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

Writing Goal Accomplished*



At the beginning of the week, I wanted bank at least thirty thousand and fifty-five thousand good words into Atherean Defenders, so I could return to work with at least half of the novel finished. Truthfully, this may be the most difficult writing task I've ever undertaken, and I was sleeping maybe four hours a night (I was dead on my feet by Wednesday, but I got it done. Fifty-four thousand words and two hundred and sixteen pages.

Now, to be completely honest, going back over this, I would not call of these good words. It's better than what I did for NaNoWriMo, sure, but it's still in heavy need of revision.

So that's it; mission accomplished, pretty much fried every nerve in my brain and my fingers were cramping up, but I did it.

Thanks for the support, and thank you for reading. See you next week.

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

About Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :

2 comments

Write comments
January 19, 2013 at 12:27 PM delete

Yikes! That's a lot of words.

Now, what about structure? Are you still writing in chapters when you do that? Or is it more like a series of scenes?

-----

I think you've already received this at least once before, but I nominated you for the Liebster award: http://www.the-eyrea.blogspot.ca/2013/01/liebster-award.html

Reply
avatar
Avery Tingle
AUTHOR
January 19, 2013 at 6:51 PM delete

WOW, thank you for the nomination! If I've received the award before, I never knew about it. Thanks for thinking of me!

To be honest, I write in chapters but in name only. I separated the scenes, some of which went well over eight thousand words, into individual chapters in a vain attempt to keep track of them,but mostly it's a lot of scenes that run together.

Reply
avatar