Blogger news

Monday, January 21, 2013

Three Writing Websites You Should Be Subscribed Too

You get better at something by doing two things; practicing and following those who are more knowledgable than you are.

I follow a bunch of excellent writing-related websites via RSS, and I notice there's a few I go out of my way to read every day because I learn something virtually every single time I log on. I shared them with a friend a little while back, which prompted this blog. So I thought I'd share them here.

The title says it all. Subscribe and you are treated too, every day, tips and advice on bettering your writing. From this site I have improved my grammar (as task some deemed impossible), punctuation, and I've even learned the difference between passive and aggressive sentences. Make this site part of your daily routine and watch your craft drastically improve.

I simply cannot say enough about this woman and the work she does. She promotes (and lives) a model of both traditional and successful self-publishing, enthusiastically explaining how you can make it work. Her Author Media program is invaluable and I advise everyone sign up for it. It was through this program that I learned to start asking questions on my author page. Since then, my weekly reach (online influence) has improved 77%.

Have you ever wanted to know what goes on in the mind of an agent? Here's your opportunity. She posts on proper querying (we all need to know this), dealing with failure, creating writing plans and how to properly pitch an agency. Consider this your go-to source for all things in the world of a literary agent.

There are a plethora of excellent resources out there, but I wanted to present the three I read the most frequently. If you're reading an you've got any resources of your own, please share! 

Thanks for reading!

0 comments: