Creative Commons

Friday, November 30, 2012

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

I want to thank Jason Mueller for giving me something to talk about on a Friday and including me in this hop. Check out his page by going here. Seriously, check it out. Dude has a real knack for horror.

Also, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that this was initiated by Bathsheba Dailey, so thanks to her for providing us the opportunity. I haven't had the pleasure myself yet, but you can see her work for yourself here.

And now, onto business.

1). WHAT IS THE WORKING TITLE OF YOUR BOOK?

Universal Warrior: Atherean Defenders. This is the sequel to Universal Warrior: Before Red Morning (First Edition) which is available for free by going here. Sorry about the formatting. It was my first time.

2). WHERE DID THE IDEA FOR YOUR BOOK COME FROM?

It's been in my head for about thirty years now, but the first part of this story came from a dream when I was about eight. It was too Belinda Carlisle's Circle In The Sand (something I still use to write the story) and when I woke up, I wrote everything down on legal paper. The idea became Universal Warrior. My imagination's nuts, I know.

3). WHAT GENRE DOES YOUR BOOK FALL UNDER?

If anything, Epic Fantasy.

4). WHICH ACTORS WOULD YOU CHOOSE TO PLAY YOUR CHARACTERS IN A MOVIE RENDITION?

The truth is, except for one character, there are actors and actresses I have in mind for every role in this story, but I want the readers to draw their own conclusions and picture the characters as they see fit.

5). WHAT IS THE ONE-SENTENCE SYNOPSIS FOR YOUR BOOK?

Four Angels must defend their hometown against an invincible force bent on their extinction in the first official battle in the war between Heaven and Hell.

6). WILL YOUR BOOK BE SELF-PUBLISHED OR REPRESENTED BY AN AGENCY?

Self-published, more than likely. To be honest, I know quite a few reputable small-press publishing houses and one even expressed interest once, but I don't have a lot of faith in big publishing under its current model.

7). HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO WRITE THE FIRST DRAFT OF YOUR BOOK?

Thirty days! Thank you, NaNoWriMo!

8). WHAT OTHER BOOKS WOULD YOU COMPARE THIS STORY TO WITHIN YOUR GENRE?

This may sound arrogant, but Lord of the Rings. I like to think it's on that kind of scale; sweeping landscapes, a lot of different races, a great evil, epic battles, that kind of thing.

9). WHO OR WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO WRITE THIS BOOK?

My mother, first and foremost. Then...I'm a HUGE gamer. Have been my whole life. One thing that always bugged me about the fighting game genre (Street Fighter, Tekken) was that there was this epic playing system and next to nothing as far as a story was concerned. I wanted to change that. So, that's where the original inspiration came from.

10). WHAT ELSE ABOUT YOUR BOOK MIGHT PIQUE THE READER'S INTEREST?

It's action, but it's also a very human story, I like to think. These are Angels and celestial beings being faced with decisions we face every day, but for them, some of the choices they have to make are unthinkable. There's a huge sense of camaraderie and friendship here, coming together to achieve a common goal. It borrows heavily from mythology, so the Norse and Greek gods are all involved (and play heavy parts). There's  heavy dose of martial arts, too. I think it would translate well to other mediums (in fact, I wrote it so it could be one day). I think it's something everyone can relate too, and I like to think it may provide some insight as to how the war between Heaven and Hell began.

So, yeah! That's me! Thanks for reading!

And now, for the tags;

Check out the ultra-talented fantasy artist and author James Neal's Facebook Page, and blog. Make sure you ask him about Rooster and Of Blood and Blade.

He's probably gonna walk up to Seattle to take a shot at me for doing this, but I need to keep Jacob Nicholson's creative motor running. His muse is something special. Anyway, here he is. Here's his blog, too, where you can check out the story he just put up concerning the last decision humanity will ever make.

Special thanks to Sarah Elaine for volunteering for this! You can check out her blog here. Drop her a line for completing NaNoWriMo. Believe that's an accomplishment.

Shout out to long-time virtual friend and original Universal Warrior fan Keiko Mushi, whose (boundless) creativity you can observe by going here.

And last but certainly not least, check out long-time twitter friend Miladysa, the author of Refuge of Delayed Souls, by going here.

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

About Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author -

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :