Blogger news

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ode To The Devil


Copyright Namco Hometek.


You grim maw of darkness eternal
Hungry, insatiable.
I tire of your pursuit,
I grow weary of your hunt
You nibble and gnaw
And tear away small pieces
So that I may be torn away
And you may claim your prize.

But have you not yet seen
Throughout the decades of chase
That you may cause me to stumble
And lose a step
But you will never, ever
BREAK ME.

My fists bleed
My knees shake
My eyes can no longer see you
My lungs are filled with fire
And with steadfast determination
And Gods resolve
I stare you down, you abyss of nothingness
And I will laugh at thee

For you will never, ever
Have me.

(I don't often do poetry, and reading this, you may see why. With everything that's gone down between my father and I, this just kind of sprang forth in my mind and I wanted to share. Thanks for reading.)

0 comments: