Creative Commons

Friday, July 20, 2012

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

What Happened In Aurora, Colorado Last Night?


I'm trying to wrap my mind around what happened in Aurora,Colorado last night. Here's what I imagine; a throng of moviegoers, arrive at the theater stoked to see the latest (and final) entry in Christopher Nolan's Batman series. As expected, it's sold out. The place is bustling with the energy of eager patrons waiting to see how it all comes to an end. I imagine epic small talk from those who have seen the first two films and are busy comparing tidbits.

Studios and movie theaters are known for over-the-top flair and marketing, so I imagine when 24-year-old James Holmes entered the theater in full riot gear, complete with gas mask, that some of the patrons were a little enthused. I imagine others were apprehensive.

A short time later, the movie is the last thing on everyone's mind. Twelve people will never think anything ever again. Fifty people are being patched up, wondering what the hell just happened.

I'd like to know that too.
This guy planned the entire event. He went into the theater, disoriented the unfortunate customers, and then gunned down everyone who tried to escape. He was wearing a gas mask and bulletproof gear. When it was all over, he surrendered of his own free will.

I don't know what to think of this. I imagine in the near future, we may hear that Mr. Holmes was a mentally troubled kid, got dunked in a toilet one too many times in grade school, or was in appropriately touched by a member of his family, or something like that. Anything to provide an answer to the question; why did twelve people lose their lives last night? There has to be some sort of reason, right?

I don't know if a reason matters. It won't bring the victims back or speed up the healing process.
I don't know why this had to happen. I wish things like this could be prevented, and I hope I live to see a day where no one ever fires a gun outside of a video game or movie ever again,

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and family of the Aurora, Colorado shooting. May something like this never happen again.

Thanks for reading.

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

About Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author -

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :