Thursday, July 17, 2008

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

Wal-Mart Warning

So a couple of weeks ago, I'm psyched. I finally have enough money set aside to begin production on Faithless, the first entry in the Universal Warrior series. Riding high on the dreams of what may come, I head to Wal-Mart, my (formerly) favorite one-stop shopping center and purchase a money order to cover half of the fee I worked out with my concept artist. That day, I get it into the mail and don't give it a second thought.

She gets in touch with me a few days later, and lookie here! My very first delay! Seems that the Wal-Mart where she lives won't accept their own damn money order because, apparently, their money order is so easy to forge that occassionally, they won't honor it.

Hell, I think. It's a money order, I paid cash for it, shouldn't be a problem. We agree that when she sends the money order back, I'll refund it and get her one from the post office, and things will get rolling.

Well, not so much.
I went into the same Wal-Mart I purchased the money order from and they refused to refund it. It seems that when I put someone else's name on it, it was completely voided. I asked how the fuck did that even work. Just by putting someone's name on it, the damn thing was voided?!
I realized that it was easier to walk away before I turned into Ghetto Hulk and wound up needing bail money. But I wound up stuck with one hundred and fifty dollars worth of dead weight because one of the nations largest retail chains refused to honor its own money order.

So this is a warning to anyone who deals with Wal-Mart, and I know that's a lot of us; their money orders are indeed easy to replicate (Google it, you'll see) and if you buy one from them, you're rolling the dice. Do yourself a favor and get to the post office.

Avoid Wal-Mart money orders at all costs. Friendly warning.

Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

About Avery K Tingle, The Gamer Author

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :